Share on :
Do I Qualify for an ESA

Do I Qualify for an ESA?

If you have a disabling mental health condition such as anxiety, panic disorder, phobia, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder, you may qualify for an emotional support animal under federal law.

An ESA can be a dog, cat, rabbit, miniature horse, hamster, ferret, bearded dragon, bird, or other small animals that provide comfort and support only with their companionship. An ESA letter from a doctor or a licensed mental health professional establishes that you have a disability (visible or invisible) and that an emotional support animal can alleviate your illness symptoms.

An ESA letter allows you to live with your emotional support animal in housings that otherwise would not allow pets. You are also entitled to fly with your ESA in the aircraft cabin free of additional charge.

[therapypet_step1_form show_in_mobile="1"]